Phantom Trail Riders Meeting Minutes 1/05/11
Treasure's Report was reviewed and approved
John notified everyone of the recent inspection on the Gandy Dancer bridge that crosses the St. Croix River. Current status is 1,000 lb MAX weight restriction.
- Restriction is still in effect
Ike started a discussion about promoting our club, attracting new members, and attracting younger members.
- Consensus of club these are all good ideas, need to work on methods to accomplish. Start with doing newsletter.
- Craig Lien was at meeting and may be a possibility to help with our marketing needs.
Tom H. is working on a trail to get from 119 to Trade Lake and meet up with the West Sweden Snows.
- Problem in one spot so this trail section is not possible at this time
John proposed a new idea for a trailer that was constructed just for holding trail signs.
- Tim W. said he might be able to get a real cheap frame to start from.
- Decided to wait and see if Tim can get the frame and then John will design something that works with it.
- Tim’s trailer not available will look into a different one.
John will talk to Rod Kleiss about new blacktop and snowmobile wear
- John mentioned this to Ken Ruhn at Kleiss and he said that he will talk with Rod.
Discussion regarding board needing repair on bridge near Mike Carey's
- Need bridge signs also. We may need to get more from Siren.
Discussion regarding business signing on the local trails
- John will discuss further with Sue Ingalls regarding any state or county laws
Discussion regarding Bon-Fire pit between Drive Inn and BP-Subway proposed by Craig Lien (marketing specialist for Drive Inn)
- Club agreed this was a good idea, Craig is checking on liability with Village of Grantsburg.
John updated club with status of the Arrow drag concerning the back axle repairs and new tires
Club confirmed same level of participation in Mid-Winter Sports Day with the Lawn Mower Races
- John will order the same medals as last year
Need to look into some new chains for the front wheels of the tractor. They are already worn to about 50%.
Wednesday, February 2nd 2011
T-Dawg’s Bar & Grill