Phantom Trail Riders Meeting Minutes 11/07/12
- Sign Removal
Tom H. will be looking into an "Adopt a Trail" segment for 119 that will designate people responsible for defined start and stop points. This will need to be managed by PTR.
No word from Tom on this topic. Rick Melin “customarily” assumes signing from Buckland road south to Cushing. Still need Buckland road North to 150 intersection assigned. Rick will sign this portion of 119.
- Dan will pickup cattle panel for sign trailer.
John purchased and has installed on trailer.
- Donny will check with the County to see if new maps will be printed for 12-13 season.
Burnett County will not be printing new maps for the 2012-2013 season due to the large quantity remaining from last year. We will be soliciting for Commercial Sponsors for inclusion in the Wisconsin Snowmobile News magazine.
Ike will start sending letters to commercial sponsors and will also talk to Wake-Up Call about sponsorship.
We will offer maps to The Country Store if they become an AWSC member (we will not provide a marked trail to their location)
Donny will look into buying the orange ribbon for creating a gauntlet through the middle of the field in the ditch line. Start at the West gate and bring to the North end of the field, then a couple short sections running East & West in the middle until turning north again.
Orange ribbon is available at the clubhouse
Skip and Tony will look into possible re-route north to next field.
- Re-routing of 45N through the Industrial Park. Looks like the West side of the telephone company building is the best solution.
John Mc will ask Dana about permanent posts.
- John will find out who with DNR is in charge of Governor Knowles Trail to discuss brushing / grooming
Dan Thill has come out of retirement and is in charge. We have approval to brush / limb trail 45S to countyline rd.
- John will submit expenses for watercross to Grantsburg Hockey
Expenses have been sent to Rick, John with follow up and check progress
- Work day 11/10/2012 meet at club house 8:00 AM
Signing 150, Signing in town, brushing the in-town remaining areas.
- Trail 45 N needs replacement boards on Whiskey Creek bridge (1 - 15’ and 1 - 8’)
Wednesday December 5th, 2012